Friday, July 22, 2011

The Life and Times of a Paranormal Investigator-Book Review

Title: The Life and Times of a Paranormal Investigator, by Joe Clark

I had the pleasure of meeting author Joe Clark, founder of Commonwealth Paranormal, at the 2010 Mothman Festival.  Unfortunately, I was unable to attend his presentation at the State Theater, but did manage to come home with an autographed copy of his book---The Life and Times of a Paranormal Investigator.

As I've said before, I always love reading about the paranormal investigation process through the eyes of other investigators, especially when their base of operations is in my general vicinity!  Joe walks us through some of his more memorable cases, and the incident that sparked his reawakening into the world of the paranormal.  Of particular interest to fellow investigators is Joe's forthcoming approach to sharing the difficulties of group dynamics. 

In many ways, that particular aspect hit home...very rarely is a group completely free of problems, and HPIR has had its share of differing opinions, many of which I personally would NOT be brave enough to bring to the public spotlight.  However, the struggles discussed therein really reinforced how lucky I am to have the group I have--4 years with nearly all founding members still present and active!

All in all, it was enjoyable book, and a very quick, fast-paced read best suited for those who are already in this field and can appreciate what it takes to be a paranormal investigator.  Personally, I would have liked to see the chapters fleshed out a little more, with more history, more detailed investigation analysis, more follow-up, and of course....pictures, all within the scope of client confidentiality and legal permission, of course.  Still, very enjoyable read for a first book, and I'd recommend picking up a copy today, because in my opinion, there's no better way to kill an hour than to read about MY favorite subject and supporting local authors!

Purchase Info

No comments:

Post a Comment