Sunday, February 24, 2013

Book Review-Chasing Graveyard Ghosts

Title: Chasing Graveyard Ghosts: Investigations of Haunted and 
 Hallowed Ground

Author:  Melba Goodwyn

Published: 2011 by Llewellyn Publications

Amazon Order Info: Chasing Graveyard Ghosts (Also available for Kindle)


I've always been fascinated with the history and the folklore associated with cemeteries.  I can't pass an old, ornate cemetery without stopping to check it out, and have spent many a happy hour wandering amongst the tombs, old and new.  Although I rarely go out seeking ghosts in these hallowed grounds, for a variety of reasons, I still get giddy when I hear a great legend or haunting associated with such....and of course, I love to read anything I can about ghosts!  This book was a perfect fit for me, and it was well-written to boot!

Over the course of 16 chapters, the author goes over plenty of cemetery mysteries, legends and hauntings...including her personal experiences with such.  There's also plenty of information to help you conduct your own cemetery research, and a helpful directory so that you can find the cemeteries that were discussed.

This book is not strictly scientific in its approach and there are some theories that are presented that are rather head-scratchers, but there is plenty of good information in here to assist anyone who has an interest in cemetery investigation.  At the very least, its a really fun read, with stories dealing with such things as phantom clowns, a possible extraterrestrial burial, statues that move on their own, and rather revealing epitaphs!

I've already gleamed inspiration for this blog from the book, choosing to write and share my own experiences on Graveyard Guardians!  Go check it out!

*Follow Theresa on FaceBook to see what else she's reading!*

No comments:

Post a Comment